Keto Mashed Cauliflower
Skip the carbs with this easy and delicious Keto Mashed Cauliflower! You’ll be in love with it’s buttery garlicky goodness, and be shocked with how much it tastes like mashed potato!
I just love this Keto Mashed Cauliflower! There are so many dishes that have thanked me for adding this easy side dish, such as salisbury steak, stuffed chicken and pork tenderloin, never mind being the star of the show in this Keto Shepherd’s Pie! I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and I do!
Why it works
- Get all that creamy mashed potato goodness without the potato part!
- Fast and easy – ready in 20 minutes from start to finish, this low carb side dish is made in no time.
- Loaded with buttery, garlicky goodness, this Keto Mashed Cauliflower is absolutely delicious!
- 2 medium heads cauliflower
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp Italian parsley minced
Cutting board & Knife
Add enough water to the bottom pot of a double boiler so that it comes up about an inch or two. Place a steamer on top with a tight fitting lid, and heat on high to bring the water to a boil. Wash the cauliflower and then cut the florets away from the leaves and core. Chop the florets into bite sized pieces.
Once the water comes to a boil and there is steam coming out of the double boiler, carefully open the lid and dump in all of the chopped cauliflower. Steam for 10 minutes, until the cauliflower is JUST fork tender.
Remove the steamer top from the bottom pot, dump out the water from the bottom pot and then place the steamed cauliflower into the now empty bottom pot. Toss in the butter, replace the lid and wait for it to melt.
Using an immersion blender, puree the cauliflower until it is nice and creamy. Stir in the sour cream, garlic powder, sea salt, ground black pepper and minced Italian parsley until fully combined. Serve hot!
- The easiest way to chop up cauliflower is to first slice the whole head in half. That way you have easier access to where the florets meet the core and they can be easily chopped away from there.
- You can use a steamer in place of a double boiler if you prefer.
- Be careful when working with steam – it is super hot and will burn you if not careful.
- The cauliflower should be steamed until JUST fork tender. If it is over-steamed, you’ll have a mashed cauliflower that is watery.
- Don’t have an immersion blender? Try a food processor!
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
Deduct fibre from the total carbs to get 4.3 g net carbs per 1/2 cup Keto Mashed Cauliflower.