Cauliflower Rice – Low Carb Simple & Versatile
Cauliflower rice is super simple to make and so versatile that it can used to make a variety of keto recipes.
One large head of cauliflower will yield 6-8 cups of cauliflower rice. When making the rice for your family, allow 1 cup per person as a small side dish.
Ingredients for Keto Cauliflower Rice
- ½ head of cauliflower, or 3 cups of cauliflower rice
- 3 ounces Butter (optional, add butter if not eating with a fatty meal)
- ½ teaspoon of Salt
How to Make Keto Cauliflower Rice
- Cut the cauliflower into evenly sized florets and place it into your food processor only filling half the bowl at a time. (or you can use a cheese grater, they work really well.
- Blend the cauliflower using the pulse setting. Continue to pulse until it resembles rice. If there are any large pieces, remove them and blend them separately.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Add the butter and salt, allow the butter to melt before adding the cauliflower.
- Saute the cauliflower for 5-8 minutes, whilst continually stirring.
- Remove from heat and serve. Enjoy.
How to Cook Cauliflower Rice in the Microwave
1. Place cauliflower rice, butter, and salt in a microwave-safe dish
2. Put on the lid and microwave for 3-6 minutes (depending on the power of your microwave).
3. Allow to sit for 2 minutes before opening. Stir through with a spoon and serve.
NutritionServing: 1cup | Calories: 97kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g