Keto Lunch! Buffalo Chicken Tots
Spice up your traditional lunch menu with this easy to make keto lunch recipe — buffalo chicken tots. I mean really spice it up because this low-carb chicken wings recipe is spicy and not for the faint of heart.
If you like wings, you’re going to love these!
Benefits of Spicy Foods
Spice isn’t a bad thing, in fact a little spice is actually good for (most) people!
- Treating general pain
- Arthritis relief
- Lowering risk for heart disease, strokes, and heart attacks
- Reducing internal inflammation
You might not think it’s that spicy if you’re a spicy person but just note you start by adding Cajun seasoning and then end it with tossing the chicken in a buffalo sauce to have you sweating in no time.
And, the type of buffalo sauce you choose will make a big different to the spice factor.
Buffalo Chicken Tots
- 1 pound (455 g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄3 cup (54 g) Cajun seasoning
- ½ cup (120 ml) avocado oil, or ½ cup (105 g) coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce or hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup (120 ml) ranch dressing
- Celery sticks
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C) and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Cut the chicken thighs into roughly 1-inch (2.5-cm) squares and set aside.
- Place the Cajun seasoning in a bowl. Add a couple of pieces of chicken and toss to coat lightly, then transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Pour the oil of your choice into a large frying pan and heat on medium-high for 2 minutes, or until it begins to crackle lightly.
- Transfer the chicken pieces to the frying pan, leaving a small gap between pieces. Once the pan is full, cook for 2 to 3 minutes before flipping the chicken pieces over and cooking for another 2 to 3 minutes. The chicken should be crisp on the outside. Transfer to a clean plate and repeat with the remaining pieces.
- Meanwhile, place the ingredients for the Buffalo sauce in a medium-sized bowl and whisk to combine. When all the chicken is done, transfer it to the bowl with the sauce and toss to coat.
- Spread the coated chicken tots on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until the sauce on the edges of the chicken begins to blacken.
- Serve the chicken tots with ranch dressing and celery sticks, if desired.
If you like dipping sauce with your boneless wings, these babies are even more delicious when paired with my favorite ranch dressing.
Nutrition Information Per Serving