KETO PASTA CARBONARA
Pasta Carbonara has been a popular Italian dish in the US since our troops returned home from Europe after World War II. The dish typically consists of pasta with either Bacon or Pancetta Ham, as well as some egg yolks and cheeses. Overall it is a very simple dish that is just as easy to make a Keto version of as it is to make the original. And this is one Keto-friendly Dinner Recipe that tastes great too!
What makes this dish so great, is that the noodles aren’t some complicated concoction, and they hardly take any time at all to prepare. Quite simply, they are made from just one ingredient which is Heart of Palm. To top it off, they are already pre-cooked too, so all you are really doing is heating them up on the stove. That makes them almost fool proof, and very predictable to make for dinner time and again.
If the thought about cracking some egg yolks into your pasta has you a little bit frightened, don’t worry they’re cooked by the time you are done preparing this meal. Some people who make a more traditional pasta carbonara may go for more of a raw egg yolk (think Sunnyside Up style) in their dish, but we take the extra measure to cook this over medium heat one last time as the sauce gets mixed in with the noodles.
We would love to hear from you in the comments section at the bottom of the page any sort of way that you would modify this recipe to your own liking. Or perhaps you have your own favorite style of noodles that you would like to use instead. Shirataki Noodles are another popular keto-friendly noodle that is also packed with Fiber to keep the Net Carb count low, and the glycemic impact to a minimum.
KETO PASTA CARBONARA RECIPE
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 Minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30 Minutes
- 2 Packages Natural Heaven Spaghetti Noodles (18 Ounces Total)
- 1 Pound Uncured Bacon
- 4 Large Cage-Free Eggs
- 1 & 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese (Shredded)
- 4 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Parsley
- Prepare your ingredients by mincing 4 cloves of fresh Garlic, finely shred Parmesan Cheese, and separate two eggs yolks and two complete eggs and then whisk the eggs and set these ingredients aside.
- In a Large Frying Pan fully cook 1 Pound of Uncured Bacon. Remove the Bacon and chop into small pieces. Reserve the Bacon Grease for later in the recipe. Also save whatever grease you cannot spoon out of the pan, by leaving it in the pan too.
- In a Large Pot boil 4 Cups of Water. Add the Heart of Palm Noodles, and cook for approximately 5 minutes, then strain the noodles from the water. Reserve about 1/2 Cup of the pasta water for later.
- Heat up the Large Frying Pan again over Medium-High Heat and Saute the Minced Garlic for about 1 minute (until fragrant). Remove the Garlic from the pan, and reduce the temperature to Medium.
- In a Mixing Bowl combine the Sauteed Garlic, 1 Tablespoon of Bacon Grease, the beaten Eggs, about half of the Parmesan Cheese, 1 teaspoon Black Pepper, 1 Teaspoon Salt, 1 Teaspoon Dried Parsley, and about 1/2 Cup of the reserved Pasta Water, then stir the ingredients together very well.
- Add the strained Pasta to the Frying Pan over Medium Heat, and slowly pour in the sauce from the Mixing Bowl. Cook for about 3-4 Minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Add in the chopped Bacon and the remaining Parmesan Cheese, and stir. Cook for about 1 additional minute, and remove from heat before serving.