Chaffle Avocado Toast
Lately, I have been cooking up a storm with my Dash Mini Waffle Maker and it occurred to me the other day, why don’t I make one of my all-time favorite avocado spread with these delicious chaffles? Like a chaffle avocado toast!
I’m sure many of you have missed having this popular spread since starting low-carb/keto and I’m here to tell you, you can enjoy your delicious creamy avocado spread over crispy ‘bread’ once again and I will show you how!
Avocados are great for heart health and preventing inflammation. They also contain both insoluble and soluble fiber which means it can help with digestive functioning.
Along with magnesium, potassium, zinc, iron, and vitamin E, Vitamin C, and Vitamin B1, B2, B5 and B6 it is a vitamin powerhouse.
Note – If you are preparing multiple servings, we would recommend using 2 Dash Mini Waffle Maker simultaneously to reduce the cooking time.
Now if you’re ready, let’s chaffle!
Prepping Time 3M
Cooking Time 8M
Total Time 11M
Net Carb/Waffle ~1g
Servings 2 Waffles
- 1/2 Whole Avocado
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese we used cheddar jack
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Peel and cut avocado and place into a small bowl. Here is how we cut avocados.
- Next, add lemon juice, salt, and black pepper into the bowl. Mash with a fork until well combined, set aside.
- Plug-in Dash Mini Waffle Maker to pre-heat.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg.
- Place about 1/8 cup shredded cheese on to the Dash Mini Waffle Maker, followed by ~1/2 of the egg mixture (enough to cover the iroand another 1/8 cup of shredded cheese on top. Close lid and cook for 3 – 4 minutes. Repeat for as many waffles you are making.
- Let the chaffle cool for a few minutes and apply with avocado spread.