EASY LOW CARB CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
Almost Instant Blender Chocolate Mousse
This low carb blender chocolate mousse takes only moments to make. No whipping, no beating and no avocados. A creamy sugar-free mousse that tastes like the real thing. Inspired by That Skinny Chick Can Bake.
Servings 4 servings
- 1/2 cup whipping cream or full fat coconut milk for dairy-free
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- 1/4 cup butter or 2 tbsp coconut oil for dairy-free
- 2 ounces good quality unsweetened chocolate such as Ghirardelli chopped
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder optional but boosts chocolate flavour
- 2 large eggs if concerned about raw eggs, use Safest Choice Pasteurized Shell Eggs
- In a small pan, combine cream, cashew milk and butter. Bring to a full boil and then remove from heat.
- In a blender, combine unsweetened chocolate, cocoa powder, sweetener, and espresso powder. Pulse a few times to combine. Pour in scalded cream mixture and blend until smooth.
- Add eggs and blend again until smooth.
- Pour into 4 dessert cups and chill at least one hour.
Serves 4. Each serving has 3.38 g NET CARBS.
Food energy: 342kcal Total fat: 30.98g Calories from fat: 278 Cholesterol: 164mg Carbohydrate: 6.73g Total dietary fiber: 3.35g Protein: 6.43g
Serving: 1g | Calories: 342kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.7g | Protein: 6.4g | Fat: 31g | Fiber: 3.6g