KETO BUFFALO CHICKEN SPAGHETTI SQUASH RECIPE
Sometimes it seems like eating Keto gets a stigma of being just a meat and cheese diet, and that somehow we aren’t supposed to eat vegetables since they have carbs. While there may be some extremists out there that are too afraid of eating their vegetables because of carb content, they are really something that should not be skipped.
When you get tired of Cauliflower taking over your kitchen, and you’re all Zucchini Noodled out (probably sometime right after your first week of trying), you can turn to other tasty alternatives that are actually really easy to make.
Spaghetti Squash is a keto-friendly vegetable that often gets overlooked, and probably because it’s not carb-free. When you compare it to some other noodle alternatives like Shirataki Noodles which are much lower in net carbs, it looks a bit out of place. But when you compare it to vegetables like Broccoli, Cauliflower, Zucchini, or Brussel Sprouts, it’s pretty much right on par.
KETO BUFFALO CHICKEN SPAGHETTI SQUASH
EASE OF PREPARATION: MODERATE
PREP TIME: 15 Minutes
COOKING TIME: 30 Minutes
TOTAL TIME: 45 Minute
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Pound Chicken Tenders
- 2 Cups Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 Pound Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 2 Fresh Jalapeños (Sliced)
- Feta Cheese or Blue Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 1 Frech Garlic Clove (Minced)
- 3 Green Onion Tops
- 1 Teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- In a Large Frying Pan heat up 2 Tablespoons of Avocado Oil over Medium-High Heat.
- Season the Chicken Tenders with 1/2 Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt, 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper, and 1 Teaspoon Granulated Garlic.
- Cook the Chicken Tenders over Medium-High heat for 3-4 minutes per side, the pour in 2 Cups Chicken Bone Broth, and 1 Cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, and 1 minced clove of fresh Garlic.
- After the chicken is cooked thoroughly, but not overly cooked, remove from the Frying Pan and shred with forks.
- Add the shredded chicken back into the pan, and add 1 Pound of room temperature Cream Cheese.
- Whisk the Cream Cheese into the sauce until fully melted and blended.
- Add in about 1 Jalapeno worth of slices, and bring contents to a boil.
- Simmer until the sauce thickens to your liking.
- To prepare the Spaghetti Squash, start by poking small holes in the squash, and then placing in the microwave for about 1 minute to soften up the flesh.
- Then cut the Spaghetti Squash in half lengthwise.
- Use a large spoon to scoop out the guts of the Spaghetti Squash, and then cover them with plastic wrap, and microwave them for about 7-8 more minutes or until the meaty part becomes fork tender.
- Shred the Spaghetti Squash with a fork, and place into bowls for serving.
- Cover the Spaghetti Squash with the Chicken and Sauce from the Frying pan, and then garnish with fresh Jalapeno Slices, Diced Green Onions, and either Feta or Blue Cheese crumbles