KETO COFFEE CAKE
Looking for a low-carb treat sure to satiate that sweet tooth? Look no further than this fulfilling cinnamon keto coffee cake with cream cheese frosting.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 16 1x
- 3 cups almond flour
- ¾ cup Monk Fruit Sweetener
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
crumb topping (optional*):
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl, mix the sweetener and ground cinnamon for the filling and set aside.
- For the coffee cake, mix the almond flour, sweetener, eggs, butter and almond milk in a large bowl.
- In a 9×9 baking dish, pour half the batter into the pan, then sprinkle the filling mix on top. Then add the rest of the cake batter to the pan.
- Bake the cake in the oven for about 35 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, mix the frosting ingredients and set aside.
- After you’ve finished making the frosting, you can make the optional crumble. In a small pan over medium heat, lightly toast the almond flour until golden brown, which may take about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the toasted almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, monk fruit sweetener (or swerve if you have it), finely chopped pecans, butter, and sea salt into a small bowl. Work the mixture together until you have a crumbly texture.
- Once it’s done, take out the baking dish and brush it lightly with a little melted butter, add the frosting, and sprinkle on the optional crumble mixture.
These can be made as muffins, too. Just line a muffin tin with liners, evenly pour the mixture into the liners and bake for 20-25 minutes or until you can pierce a muffin with a toothpick and it comes out clean. Then allow the coffee cake muffins to cool, top with the frosting and crumble mixture and enjoy.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 108
- Fat: 10.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.4 g (0.8 g net)
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 2.6 g