Pancakes with Cream Cheese Topping
Pancakes are one of the many breakfast foods that are almost always too high in carbs for the keto diet when prepared traditionally. This is the ultimate flour-less low carb, high fat pancake recipe. The main ingredients to hold the pancakes together are eggs and cottage cheese, which get slightly crispy on the outside when cooked.
Once crisp, we serve with a rich pesto cream cheese topping and sliced onions to cut through the deep savory flavors. You’ll be sure to love this one!
Yields 4 servings of Pancakes with Cream Cheese Topping
For Cream Cheese Topping:
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon pesto
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced thin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 large egg
- 9 ounce cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon butter, for frying
1. Gather and prep all ingredients.
2. In a bowl, make the cream cheese topping by mixing cream cheese, pesto, and half of the olive oil together. Stir until well combined and set aside.
3. Make the pancake batter next. In a bowl, add the eggs, cottage cheese, psyllium husk powder, minced garlic, and salt to taste. Mix until the consistency is smooth then let it sit for about 10 minutes.
4. In a frying pan, melt the butter on medium heat. Spoon the pancake batter into the pan, forming small circles about 2-3″ in diameter. Fry the pancakes on both sides until golden brown in color.
5. Plate the pancakes and top with cream cheese topping, sliced onion, and remaining olive oil. Season additionally with salt and pepper if desired. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Pancakes with Cream Cheese Topping. Each serving comes out to be 512 calories, 43.7g fat, 7g net carbs, and 19.8g protein.
|8.00 ounce cream cheese||776||77.1||9.3||0||9.3||14|
|2.00 tablespoon olive oil||239||27||0||0||0||0|
|2.00 tablespoon pesto||108||10.6||2||0.6||1.4||1.2|
|0.50 medium red onion||21||0.1||4.8||0.7||4.1||0.6|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|5.00 large egg||393||26.2||2||0||2||34.5|
|9.00 ounce cottage cheese||250||11||8.6||0||8.6||28.4|
|1.00 tablespoon psyllium husk powder||56||0||12.8||11.2||1.6||0|
|1.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||4||0||0.9||0.1||0.9||0.2|
|0.00 none salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2.00 tablespoon butter||203||23||0||0||0||0.2|
|Per Serving (/4)||512.5||43.7||10.1||3.1||7.0||19.8|