Steak with porcini butter and charred onion
An excellent source of high-quality protein and easily absorbed iron and zinc, this steak dish is the fix you need to keep up with your active lifestyle.
- 2 tbs dried porcini mushrooms (from greengrocers), very finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbs thyme leaves
- 100g unsalted butter, softened
- 4 x 150g minute steaks
- 1 bunch salad onions, halved lengthways
- 2 lemons, halved
- Extra virgin olive oil, to brush
1. Place porcini in a bowl with 2 tbs boiling water. Set aside until liquid is absorbed, then add garlic, thyme and butter. Season and stir to combine. Spread half the butter over steaks.
2. Preheat a large frypan over high heat until smoking. In batches, cook steaks for 1 minute on one side, then turn and cook for 30 seconds for medium-rare, or until cooked to your liking.
3. Remove the steaks from pan and rest, loosely covered with foil, for 4 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, wipe pan clean and return to high heat. Brush onions and lemon halves with olive oil and cook for 2 minutes each side until charred and slightly tender.
5. Serve steaks with lemon and onions and top with remaining porcini butter.
For more information please join our group>>>>>>https://www.facebook.com/groups/579747826042099/