These cheesy cauliflower bites are naturally sweet, flavorful yet low carb. It’s a low-calorie snack you can have for lunch, meal prep, and enjoy throughout the day. They’re vegetarian and gluten-free.
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 25 minutes
total time: 45 minutes
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup mature cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- pinch salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375F (190C). Grease mini muffin tins with oil.
- Steam cauliflower florets on a saucepan using a steaming basket. This should take around 8-10 minutes.
- Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it becomes like rice. When removing, squeeze to drain it. Squeeze out as much water as you can.
- Now, add cauliflower to a bowl, add in cheddar cheese, egg, oregano, onion, garlic, and salt with pepper.
- Scoop out some into each muffin tin and flatten the mixture out. We want to create nice flat bites.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Make sure the middle of the bites has hardened up too.
- Let them cool down before serving. Have them with your favorite sauce!
Yield: 23 Serving Size: 1 bite
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 26 Total Fat: 1.9g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0.1g Unsaturated Fat: 0.6g Cholesterol: 13mg Sodium: 41mg Carbohydrates: 0.7g Net Carbohydrates: 0.5g Fiber: 0.2g Sugar: 0.2g Protein: 1.6g
Leave a Comment