Keto Blueberry Yummy Snacks
Packed with good for you blueberries, this recipe for keto blueberry donuts is perfect for breakfast, brunch or anytime you want a healthy snack that needs to be low in carbs and keto-friendly
Ingredients For Keto Blueberry Snacks
- 1 1/2 cups of finely milled almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of full-fat sour cream
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup of unsalted melted butter, cooled
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter, cooled
- 3/4 cup of confectioners sugar-substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3-4 tablespoons of or hot water
Keto Blueberry Snacks
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease well two 6 cavity snacks pans.
- Melt 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the almond flour, coconut flour, sugar substitute, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
- To the dry ingredients add the sour cream, melted butter, vanilla extract and the 3 eggs one at a time.
- Mix the batter using an electric mixer until fully incorporated.
- Fold in the blueberries. Note that you can use fresh or frozen blueberries for this recipe. If using frozen there is no need to defrost them before adding them to the batter.
- Pipe the batter into the two prepared donut pans. I added the batter to a large zip lock bag that I cut the tip of and then piped the batter into the donut pan cavities.
- I lightly tapped the batter into the donut pans using my fingers.
- Note that you will be filling the donut pans just to the rim because these donuts do not rise much.
- Bake donuts for minutes for 25-30 minutes until donuts are fully cooked and you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- Allow the Keto Donuts to fully cool at room temperature before taking them out of the mold.
- Once the donuts are removed from the donut mold, place them on a baking rack and proceed to make the icing.
- Melt the butter and add to a medium-sized bowl.
- To the bowl the confectioners, sugar substitute, vanilla extract, and sea salt.
- Mix well and then add the hot water. Start with 3 tablespoons and add the additional tablespoon if the consistency is too thick.
- Quickly dip the donuts into the icing and set them on a baking rack to dry. The donuts will form a thin frosted shell on the surface.
Store Your Snacks
- Once the keto blueberry donuts icing has had time to set, store them in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to 5 days. You can place the donuts on top of each other since the icing hardens. You can also freeze your donuts by placing them in a freezer-proof container for up to 3 weeks.
- Allow your donuts to come to room temperature for the best flavor.
Leave a Comment