Easy No-Fail Banana Bread
If there’s ever a recipe to make with overripe bananas it’s this moist and fluffy, yet dense banana bread. This no-fail banana bread comes together in under 30 minutes and is perfect every time!
Servings: 12 slices
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened
- 2 medium mashed overripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sour milk or buttermilk or 1 teaspoon white vinegar + 5 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts chocolate chips, or dried fruit optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x5x3” loaf pan with butter and coat it with a sprinkle of sugar and a sprinkle of flour; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended, add milk. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. The crust should be dark brown and crunchy. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
Serving: 1 slice | Calories: 305kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 177mg | Potassium: 159mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 302IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg