Keto Egg Casserole with Bacon and Broccoli
Flavorful, cheesy, filling, and salty – this keto egg casserole is a perfect meal for breakfast, brunch, or lunch. Even dinner! It’s keto-friendly and gluten-free.
Casseroles are great comfort food. They are the meal option for many of us in the winter.
Even though it’s low carb, the casserole has plenty of protein. Each serving contains around 23 grams of protein.
The servings are very generous, too! The casserole can make six large portion sizes.
prep time: 25 minutes
cook time: 1 hour 5 minutes
total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 8 oz bacon (225g)
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup cheddar (shredded)
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Lay your baking tray with bacon and lay the bacon slices flat on it. Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes until the bacon is crispy and fully cooked.
- Remove from the oven and lay your bacon slice on paper towels to remove the fat. Once it’s cooled down, pulse the bacon through a food processor until it’s broken into bits.
- Decrease the oven’s temperature to 350 F.
- Pulse broccoli florets in a food processor until rice-like texture. Then, steam the broccoli for 10-12 minutes.
- Now oil the baking dish either with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Spread the broccoli rice into the dish. Make sure you do it evenly.
- Sprinkle over 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Now whisk the eggs, add in heavy cream, salt, black pepper, onion, garlic powder, thyme, and oregano. Give it a good mix.
- Pour the egg mixture over the broccoli, evenly covering the whole dish.
- Cover the casserole with processed bacon.
- Bake the egg casserole in the oven for 45 minutes until it is lightly browned and fully cooked in the middle.
Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 453 Total Fat: 37g Saturated Fat: 16g Trans Fat: 0.5g Unsaturated Fat: 17.6g Cholesterol: 376mg Sodium: 914mg Carbohydrates: 8.7g Net Carbohydrates: 6.2g Fiber: 2.5g Sugar: 2.9g Protein: 23g