Keto Air Fry Chicken Nuggets
You won’t believe how easy it’s to make healthy keto air fry chicken nuggets right at your own home! Made with real ground chicken and seasoned to perfection, you won’t be missing those greasy fast food chicken nuggets ever again!
I admit there are definitely times when I’m in a rush and a fast food drive thru seems to be the most quickest and convenient way to feed my kids.
And of course, my kids are thrilled when this happens because they get to order their favorite – chicken nuggets.
Now, let’s get some air frying some Keto Chicken Nuggets – LCA style!
Prepping Time 3M
Cooking Time 7-9M
Total Time 10M
Net Carb/Serv ~0.5g
Servings 20 Pieces
- 1 lb Ground Chicken breast or thigh
- 1/2 oz Unflavored Pork Rinds ~1 tbsp if using Pork Panko
- 1 Stalk Green Onion
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Egg
- 1 1/2 tbsp Half & Half
- 3 oz Unflavored Pork Rinds ~6 tbsp if using Pork Panko
Optional Spicy Mayo Dipping Sauce
- 4 tbsp Kewpie Mayo you can sub with American mayo but will alter taste
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Chop green onion and set aside.
- Pour Unflavored Pork Rinds into a food processor and pulse until ground into very fine. You can also use your hands to crush the pork rinds if you don’t have a food processor, but we strongly recommend using a food processor. Place 1 tbsp of crushing pork rinds into the mixing bowl and set the remaining aside.
- In the same mixing bowl, add ground chicken, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, chopped green onions, beaten egg and half & half. Combine until mixed well.
- Take ~1.5 tbsp of the chicken mixture, place it in the crushed pork rinds from step 3) and then roll it around to coat all sides. Note – it may help to rub some oil on your hands to avoid the mixture from sticking.
- Using your hands, gently form nuggets from the coated chicken nuggets and transfer them to the air fryer tray. Repeat until all the chicken mixture is used. Air fryer at 390F for 7-9 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165F. Note – if you like your chicken nuggets crispy, re-fry them by putting it back in the air fryer for 2-4 minutes after they have cooled down.
- Optional mayo sauce – combine Kewpie Mayo with Sriracha into a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Once chicken nuggets are air fried, serve with a dipping sauce of choice. Enjoy!