KETO BUTTER CHICKEN – QUICK AND EASY RECIPE
Learn how to make restaurant-quality keto butter chicken at home in under 30 minutes! If you are looking for a delicious weeknight meal, you’ll love this Indian-inspired keto chicken recipe.
MY FAVORITE LOW CARB BUTTER CHICKEN
If I had to pick, my favorite take-out dish would be butter chicken. My family absolutely loves Indian food, and butter chicken is a definite
WHAT TO SERVE WITH KETO BUTTER CHICKEN
We like to serve this keto butter chicken with fresh chopped cilantro and cauliflower rice. A dollop of full-fat yogurt is nice, too. Frozen cauliflower rice is quick in a pinch, but I do think homemade tastes better. Here is my favorite recipe for cauliflower rice.
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 14 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine chicken pieces with turmeric, garam masala, cumin, and cayenne. Stir to coat, and set aside. (If you have extra time, you can let the chicken marinate in the fridge for about an hour.)
- Heat half the butter in a large skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until browned. Transfer to a bowl while you cook the vegetables.
- In the same skillet, melt the rest of the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and saute for 3 minutes, until softened. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes more, until fragrant. Add the crushed tomatoes and heavy cream, and bring the sauce to a simmer. Add back the chicken pieces.
- Turn the heat to medium-low, and simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is reduced. Season with salt.
VARIATIONS ON THIS RECIPE
To make this recipe non-dairy, you can substitute coconut oil for the butter, and coconut cream for the heavy cream. I’m not sure if you can still call it “Butter” Chicken at that point, but it will still taste delicious!
And if you don’t want to use chicken, you can certainly make this recipe with lamb.
YIELD: 4 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES:420 TOTAL FAT: 29g SATURATED FAT: 15g CHOLESTEROL: 257mg SODIUM: 387mg CARBOHYDRATES: 8g FIBER:2g SUGAR: 5g PROTEIN: 31g